|Birch plywood boards can all be delivered with a film or coating for the specific requirements of the respective final product.|
The phenol-formaldehyde resin impregnated film is pressed into both surfaces of the board under high pressure and high temperature. Film-coated plywood boards have higher resistance to abrasion, moisture, chemicals, insects, and fungi. The surface is smooth, hygienic, and easy to clean.
The main types of surface-treated boards of the Finnish plywood industry are as follows:
Phenol-formaldehyde resin film, textured / screen printed
Plywood boards with a phenol-formaldehyde resin impregnated film in which an additional non-slip texture is embossed on one or both surfaces of the board. This screen printed embossing improves the friction properties considerably. Film-coatings and screen printed embossing to improve the slip resistance are available in a large selection. The range of colours of the film-coating is also very extensive.
|Glue:||AW 100 (BFU 100), water and weatherproof|
|Construction:||Surface birch, central layer birch/spruce, one-sided screen print/one-sided smooth phenol-film 120 g/m² dark brown|
|Application:||Non-slip floor boards for trucks, wagons, ramps, platforms, stairways|
|Formats:||125 × 250 cm, 150 × 300 cm, 150 × 250 cm|
Phenol-formaldehyde resin film coating, smooth / concrete formwork
The colour is normally dark brown, but the boards are also available in light brown, green, yellow, grey, red, and black. By sealing the edges, the moisture absorption of the boards is minimised.
|Glue:||AW 100 (BFU 100)|
|Construction:||Surface birch, central layer birch/spruce, both sides smooth, (170 to 440 g/m² possible)|
|Application:||Production of smooth exposed concrete, furniture construction, outside areas|
|Thickness:||6.5 to 21 mm|
|Formats:||150 × 300 cm|
Instructions for Use Outdoors
- The edges of the boards have only basic impregnation.
- The edge must be protected with construction wood preservation (weather- protection sides, weather drips, back ventilation, etc…) and an appropriate edge sealing with suitable materials. Due to the crosswise gluing of the veneer, plywood has some wood ends on all edges through which there is a strong hygroscopic (water absorbing) tendency all around.
- The phenol film on the surfaces is not UV-resistant. Consequently, after a fairly long time, there may be discolorations or blistering on the surface.
- The colour of the boards may differ (industrial boards).
- The film has resistance to rottenness and insect attacks.
- The standard colour of the phenol film is dark brown. Other colours are available in certain quantities.
Film-Coating for Painting
Plywood with a hot pressed-on phenol impregnated film coating for painting. This substrate forms a dense, stable base for paints. The film-coating reduces paint consumption and effectively prevents the formation of the hairline cracks that are typical of painted wood surfaces. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications. Also available with finished primer coat. The final result is a smooth, durable surface.
Plywood boards with a melamine laminate coating in a wide selection for a multitude of decorative applications in the industrial sector including the food industry. The most frequently used colours are white and light grey.